Under the Poetree – Talent Showcase
Join the Read My World international literary family and showcase your talent during the festival. Experience the electrifying atmosphere as writers, poets, and passionate literature enthusiasts gather to celebrate the beauty of poetry and literature. A select few will have the incredible opportunity to share the stage with multidisciplinary poet, Logan February.
Get ready to be captivated in an enchanting poetry evening held in a serene garden beneath the shelter of an old tree. Our DJ will set the perfect backdrop, while our MC, Carina Fernandes, will guide you through an unforgettable night of poetic expression.
Don’t miss out on this exclusive chance to share your voice, and let your words resonate with an audience of fellow creatives and lovers of literature.
Open Call for Under the Poetree
We are open for submissions till August 29
The theme of this year’s festival is SHIVERS! What makes you shiver? Let us know through a poem and get a chance to perform at Under the Poetree!
1. We will close for submissions on August 29.
2. On September 3, we will contact the selected poets.
3. Send us your most shivering poem (video) that takes max 3 minutes to perform.
4. Make sure to send your performance through video.
5. We welcome poems in all languages. For poems that are not primarily in Dutch or English, please include a translation of the non-Dutch or non-English part(s) of the poem. This is an accessibility consideration for our selection commission, not an attempt to privilege the Dutch or English language.
6. Let us know who you are through a short bio about yourself! If your submission involves collaboration with another poet or artist, please include their name and a short bio about them.
7. Our response time can be up to a week. We appreciate your patience—we have a small staff who will read all the poems.
8. To make sure you receive our response, set your spam filter to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. All selected poets will receive travel costs (only from the Netherlands), dinner and drinks vouchers, and will have access throughout the entire festival. Poets will also receive a goodie bag, three days of festival access, and a full artist experience.
10. If you have technical issues submitting your poem, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Read My World’s first edition of Under the Poetree.